Backpack Blower Reviews:
Leaf blowers are a great way to clean up any yard or commercial property - certainly they work better than the old fashioned rake. Backpack blowers
are an essential piece of equipment for any landscaping team that does work in large yards or in business parks. Being able to clean up leaves and debris quickly is how they make a living and a backpack blower
helps immensely. Homeowners can usually get away with using a hand held leaf blower in their yards, but professional yard maintenance crews require more power and agility when cleaning up yards. A leaf backpack blower is an excellent investment - even for homeowners that have big yards and lots of trees that dump leaves in the fall. I went looking for a new backpack blower recently and the results can be found below.
Choosing a new backpack blower
Keep in mind that these units can be heavy (average weight is 17 to 25 lbs). Handheld blowers can be tiring on your arm if you are doing them for more than 15 minutes or so. The backpack blowers are nice to have since the weight is supported on your back and distributed pretty evenly. You will get extra power from the backpack leaf blowers and they can go a long time on a single tank of gas. NOISE
- Probably the biggest drawback to backpack models are their noise levels. Some cities in certain states have noise ordinances against them. Check with your city before purchasing anything. If you do choose a backpack blower, definitely look into hearing protection and save your ears. Backpack blower reviews
- We found plenty of owner reviews on websites like Amazon.com and in Homedepot.com. Popular Mechanics did a nice article with a head to head comparison of top backpack leaf blowers. You can find them in home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, and Walmart. Stihl only sells their models in certain stores. Consumer Reports rates the Stihl Craftsman and Kawasaki models as their top picks. Most consumers agree that leaf blowers with backpacks are designed for larger jobs in big yards or business parks. The added blowing power compared to standard leaf blowers is what gives them the ability to handle bigger jobs. Many can produce speeds of up to 150 to 180 MPH. Another feature to consider is the ability to vacuum up leaves. The backpack blowers don't have that option. Also, when it comes to gutters, cleaning them with a backpack blower is nearly impossible because you lack the precision blowing offered up from the standard leaf blowers. What are the top brands
- Echo, Stihl, Tanaka, Ryobi, Troy-Bilt, McCulloch, Husqvarna, Makita, and Homelite. COST
- You are looking at a minimum of $130 and upwards of $500 for the top quality Tanaka backpack blowers. You can browse the best selling backpack blowers here
Best Backpack Blower:
Troy-Bilt is a trusted name in the industry and they offer both a 4 cycle and a 2 cycle backpack blower. The Troy-Bilt TB2BP 25cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 150 MPH Backpack Blower
is a top vote getter on several websites and I've seen a few neighbors with this model. At around $200 it's a good value and performance is consistent. Home owners with big yards should consider this model. We found that the McCulloch and Husqvarna 2 stroke blowers got less desirable ratings from owners. The Echo PB-265L is considered a top rated backpack blower and is available at Home Depot.
Commercial Grade Backpack Blower:
- When it comes to commercial quality backpack blowers, the Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower
is king of the mountain. Sure Stihl makes some quality equipment, but several landscaping companies I spoke with say the Makita models tend to outperform the Stihl and Tanaka blowers. The BBX7600N is a 75cc, four stroke engine that can produce blowing speeds up to around 200MPH. The commercial grade blower features a large fuel tank, weighs 15 pounds, and padded shoulder straps and a ventilated back panel. You get improved operator comfort and a quieter experience overall. It's easy to start, easy to handle, and the blower is very powerful. Great for landscaping companies that need a reliable backpack blower on larger jobsites. Check out all the top rated backpack blowers here