Updated: December 2017
Best Kauai Golf Vacations: Where to play golf in Kauai and HawaiiKauai is called the Garden Isle, and is one of the most unspoiled of the Hawaiian Islands. The life here is slower and more relaxed than on Maui or Oahu, but if you are looking to enjoy some golf during your Hawaiian vacation, you will not be disappointed. And being a relatively small island, you can easily play golf at any course no matter which hotel or Kauai resort you are staying at. Surprisingly, it is usually pretty easy to get a tee time - call a few days in advance and check the available times. Check out some of the golf courses listed below:
Princeville Resort Golf Course on KauaiBeing a smaller, more quiet island, Kauai has a smaller number of resorts and hotels, the Princeville Resort on the north east shore being the most elegant. The 252 room Resort sits on an amazing 9000 acre property, with spectacular terraced grounds looking out over Hanalei Bay. Ocean view rooms will set you back almost $700 a night! The Prince Course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. and built in 1991, and ranks among the top 100 courses in the USA. The Championship tees have a 145 slope rating, a massive 7309 yards from the tips. At $175 per round, the Princeville course is the most expensive on the island of Kauai.
Top Kauai Golf Vacation CoursesWe summarize the other Kauai courses below - most are on the southern end of Kaui, around Poipu and Lihue (near the airport).
- Puakea Golf Course: Lihue, Green fees = $125, Twilight = $65
- Kiahuna Golf Course: Poipu, Kauai, Green fees = $55-$90. Another Robert Trent Jones, Jr. course. This is on the sunny side of Kauai, with lava rock walls, lakes, and streams.
- Mokihana at Kauai Lagoons Resort: Lihue, $100, $75 for Marriott Guests. This is the Lagoons course, with a Scottish Links style setting.
- Kiele at Kauai Lagoons Resort, Lihue: $150, $115 Marriott Guests
- Poipu Bay Resort Golf Club: $155, $115 for Hyatt Guests. Yet another Robert Trent Jones, Jr. course, 132 slope rating. This course is located on the Hyatt property and features beaches, ocean views, and 84 bunkers to brighten your day! Among the top ten courses in Hawaii.
- Princeville Resort, Prince Course: $175, $150 Princeville Resort Guests
- Princeville Golf Club, Makai Course, Princeville: $125, $110 for Princeville Resort Guests. The Makai has two courses, the Woods and the Ocean, with the Woods being slightly easier (129 vs. 132 slope rating).
- Wailua Golf Course: $35