Updated: May 21, 2015
Reviews: Best Bend HotelsBend, Oregon is situated in central Oregon right where Hwy 20 and Hwy 97 intersect. Bend is a beautiful spot to vacation in summer or winter as there are countless activities to do no matter the time of year. Business has also picked up in Bend in recent years with more companies moving from the Portland area or altogether relocating from places like the Bay Area. Hotels rooms are plentiful most of the year, but you'll want to book early for things like Spring Break and Winter Break. Golf courses are a main draw in this region during the dry months and skiers flock here in the winter to enjoy all the skiing on Mt. Bachelor. Business travelers to Bend will enjoy sunshine 300+ days of the year although the temperatures are chilly in the mornings even during the hot summer days. Expect to spend anywhere from $70 (Days Inn) up to $200/night (Mt. Bachelor Village Resort) depending on time of year and room type (king, queen, suite). We have booked many of our stays in Bend using Expedia which is an excellent way to find the lowest rates on dozens of hotels. We have also found that visiting the website of each hotel can offer up specials or discount rates not found on sites like Expedia or Orbitz.
Bend is certainly not a very big city and has one main downtown region with shopping and a few hotels nearby. You can stay as far south as Sunriver at their resort or venture just outside of town to Seventh Mountain Resort or Mt. Bachelor Village. I prefer staying closer to the downtown area at the newer Townplace Suites by Marriott or the Fairfield Inn. Both offer up rooms at around $100/night which is very reasonable. TripAdvisor.com rates Ameritel Inn Bend as the top rated hotel in Bend per their user reviews. The McMenamins Old St. Francis School hotel is rated #4 per their website and offers 27 rooms in an historic building. As for budget hotels in the Bend area, consider the Days Inn ($65 rooms) or the Comfort Inn. Look for weekend specials or those hotels that include a free breakfast as part of the stay. Most have wifi internet access and if you are staying in the summer, make sure the pool is in working condition since temperatures are regularly in the 80's and 90's. Finding a hotel that is within walking distance to downtown on Wall Street is ideal. Pioneer, Drake, and Pacific Parks are all near downtown and an easy walk when the weather is good. The Deschute River runs through town and makes a great backdrop to any business or personal trip to Bend. The Cascade mountain range to the west is just spectacular on sunny days in the winter or summer as you see snow draped mountain peaks.
Most Popular Bend, Oregon Hotels
- Fairfield Inn Bend - 1626 NW Wall Street. Phone # 541-318-1747. Near downtown Bend and close to Mt. Bachelor. Rooms start at $99/night.
- The Riverhouse Hotel & Resort - 3075 N. Business 97, Bend, Oregon 97701. Phone # (541) 389-3111. Right on the Deschutes River. Offers great seasonal specials on rooms. Check their website for the best deals.
- Mt. Bachelor Village - 19717 Mount Bachelor Drive, Bend, Oregon 97702. Phone # 800-547-5204. Offering up rooms and condos. Great for larger groups. Rooms at the hotel start at around $100/night and the condos go from $289 to $394/night. Perfect place if you want the convenience of Bend at night and access to the slopes in the daytime (18 miles to Mt. Bachelor).
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott - 755 SW 13th Place, Bend, Oregon 97702. Phone # 541-382-5006. Newer hotel in the area with complimentary continental breakfast and high speed Internet access. Rooms start at $100/night.
- Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Shilo has many properties in Oregon and the Northwest region. 3105 O.B. Riley Road, Bend, OR 97701. Phone # 541-389-9600. Rooms are priced from $130 to $170 a night and the location is great for business travelers.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - 20615 Grandview Drive, Bend, OR 97701. Phone # 541-317-8500. Nice rooms and complimentary breakfast but not as close to downtown as the other hotels.
- Comfort Inn Bend - 62065 SE 27th Street, Bend, OR 97701. Phone # 541-617-9696. Rooms are $100 to $125.
- Best Western Inn & Suites of Bend - 721 NE 3rd Street, Bend, Oregon, 97701. Phone # 541-382-1515. Around $100/night, but probably not worth it considering you can stay in more updated hotels like the Fairfield Inn or Townplace Suites.