Updated: December 2017
Reviews: Best Campbell HotelsI grew up just down the road from Campbell, CA in a small town called Saratoga. Whenever I go back to visit friends and family in the Bay Area, I tend to stay near the Pruneyard in Campbell. More hotels have popped up in this area since 2000 making the selection a bit better than it used to be. The main streets are Bascom, Hamilton, and Campbell Avenues, but all are very close to restaurants, freeways (Hwy 17/880, Hwy 85, and Hwy 280), and local attractions. My favorite place to stay in Campbell is at the Pruneyard Plaza Hotel which is right off of either Bascom or Campbell Avenue as you approach the Pruneyard shopping center. The hotel is clean, offers up a complimentary continental breakfast everyday, has a pool for those hot days, provides free parking, and is usually $120/night for 2 queen beds or a king room. A more recent addition to the town of Campbell are the Towneplace Suites which are right along Campbell Avenue (about 1 block from the Pruneyard Plaza) and you can get 2 bedroom suites here for about $160/night. I like staying at the Marriott Towneplace Suites when traveling with my family - that way my kids have their own room. The one drawback to the Marriott hotel is that they don't offer a pool at this location.
Across the street from the Towneplace Suites (by Marriott) in Campbell is Campbell Inn which is one of the older hotels in the area and it's been fighting to stay in business for years. Although I have never personally stayed there, several family members booked rooms there for my wedding and were disappointed at the quality of the place. Rooms are generally cheaper than the TownePlace Suites and Pruneyard Inn, but the accommodations are lacking. Perhaps the best business hotel in Campbell is the Residence Inn located on Bascom Avenue and it offers up studios for $120/night on weekends and more like $189 on a week night. You can also book bigger suites for over $200/night if you want. The Residence Inn is only about 1 mile from the Pruneyard shopping center and it offers up free parking as well. A little further down Hamilton Avenue going towards Cupertino and Saratoga is the newer Larkspur Landing Hotel which features upscale rooms. Their executive suites go for about $200/night but the luxury accommodations are very nice and worth at least 1 visit. There are a few cheaper hotel options near Campbell or right at the border of San Jose/Campbell. One is the Bristol Hotel (Clarion Collection) which offers rooms up for $100/night and it's closer to Los Gatos than most other hotels in this area. The Carlyle Hotel is on Camden Avenue and definitely shows its age, but you can get a room for around $100/night with quick access to Hwy 17 or Hwy 85. .
Most Popular Campbell, CA Hotels
- Pruneyard Plaza Hotel -Located in the heart of the Pruneyard shopping mall, this hotel is convenient, quiet, and within walking distance to restaurants and bars.
- TownePlace Suites Campbell - Excellent hotel with studios, 1 and 2 room suites, complimentary breakfast, and easy access to freeways and shopping. Rooms start at about $100/night and go upwards to $200 for the 2 bedroom suites.
- Campbell Inn - Great location and convenient, although it's more of a budget hotel with cheaper rates and rooms that need a little updating.
- Residence Inn Campbell/San Jose - Just 5 miles from the San Jose airport, the rooms are large, they offer suites for families, and there is a pool. I found this place a little noisy, but the overall lodging experience was a positive one.
- Larkspur Landing Campbell - Luxury hotel feel and well appointed rooms, but not as good a location as those hotels close to Bascom and Campbell avenues.
- Bristol Hotel - Reasonable budget hotel, but would rather stay at the Pruneyard Inn for just a few $$$'s more a night.