Updated: December 2017
Reviews: Best Kensington HotelsWhen visiting London as a tourist or even on business, the Kensington region is a great place to stay. You get a great mix of restaurants, trendy neighborhoods, and plenty of shopping. You'll want to make sure you pick a hotel near a Tube station so you have quick, convenient access to all parts of London. Keep in mind that it rains plenty in London, so having to walk more than a few blocks to the Underground (Tube) could be an issue during a downpour. The one thing that resonates in all the reviews we read about hotels in the Kensington district is that consumers prefer the mix of neighborhoods and hotels in this area. You have Holland Park, Kensington Gardens, and Hyde Park all within walking distance plus you can go to Royal Albert Hall, Science Museum, Natural History Museum, or Victoria and Albert Museum if things are wet outside. Harrods is just south of Hyde Park off of Brompton Road (take the Knightsbridge Tube stop).
You will find a wide range of hotels in Kensington ranging from those with 100's of rooms to smaller, quaint family run establishments with personal service and rooms with unique decor. There are Hilton and Marriott hotels and then TripAdvisor favorites like Royal Garden Hotel or the Kensington House Hotel. We have listed all the websites and basic information on each hotel down below for your convenience. Be sure to check out websites like Expedia or Orbitz to compare prices on all hotels at the same time and give yourself an idea of which ones fit your budget. Sometimes you will find "specials" for "internet discounts" that are only listed on the hotels websites, so visit them first before booking on a major travel website. Several of the hotels we found listed last minute deals which you could not find anywhere else. In England, having a large breakfast is not uncommon, so find a hotel that offers a full breakfast as part of their room rates. Also, check and make sure the hotel you choose has an elevator (or lift as they call it). I have heard of some travelers having to haul their luggage up 3 flights of stairs. Ask the reservation person or website and see if you can get a ground or 1st floor room if the hotel does not have an elevator. The Millennium Gloucester Hotel is located at 4 -18 Harrington Gardens and near the Gloucester Road tube station. The Kensington House Hotel is another popular accommodation in Kensington just below Kensington Gardens off of High Street Kensington. There are 41 rooms (all en suite) and they start at about $200/night (US) - does include a continental breakfast. The best business hotel in Kensington may just be the Hilton London Kensington location. It's just 2 miles from Hyde Park and within walking distance to Holland Park. The Hilton offers up business meeting rooms, an excellent workout room, and fine dining at WestEleven restaurant. The rooms are spacious and several of the floors have recently have been refurbished. The Marriott Hotel Kensington is modern and just off Cromwell Road. A budget hotel in Kensington is the Eden Plaza Hotel located on Queens Gate and rooms start at $125/night for a double. With the English pound losing value to the dollar in recent months, these rates may come down even further.
Most Popular Kensington (London) Hotels
- Kensington House Hotel -15-16 Prince of Wales Terrace, London, England W8 5PQ UK. 41 bedrooms including 2 suites. Rooms are moderately priced with Internet specials available.
- Hilton London Kensington - Located at 179-199 Holland Park Avenue, London. With advance purchase, room rates start at $150/night (US). 11 Meeting rooms on site and just 30 minutes from Heathrow airport.
- Millennium Gloucester Hotel - Deluxe hotel in heart of Kensington. Rooms start at $200 pounds/night and go upwards. Easy access to the tube and shopping.
- London Marriott Hotel Kensington - Located at 147 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London. Best contemporary hotel in London area with a 7-story atrium lobby and a total of 216 guest rooms. Try meals in Fratelli Grill or get drinks at the Nabuco Bar.
- Thistle Kensington Gardens Hotel - Find it at 104 Bayswater Road, London. 175 room hotel.
- Holiday Inn London Kensington - Near Gloucester Road Tube Station, Harrods, Royal Albert Hall, and Earl's Court. .
- Kensington Close Hotel - 2 minutes walk to the tube, situated at Wrights Lane, Kensington. $250/night.
- Royal Garden Hotel - 5 Star luxury hotel near Hyde Park, Kensington Palace, and much more.